Table of Contents
Pork tenderloin paid $15 for 2 tenderloins Recipe based on this one
Dry rub for pork tenderloin with just
- sage/thyme/orenano Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- ground coriander
Prep: Preheat oven to 400˚F with the rack in the middle.
- Combine 2 tsp sea salt, or to taste, 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, 4 large garlic cloves and 1 tsp ground coriander. Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spice Rub with the best seasoning for pork tenderloin
- Pierce pork loin all over with a fork and rub with 1 Tbsp oil than sprinkle onto the tenderloin. Use your hands to rub the spices into the tenderloin until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil over med-high heat in a large oven-safe pan (cast iron or a dutch oven will work). Once oil is hot, add pork and brown on all sides (5 minutes total).
- Place in the oven and bake uncovered at 400˚F for 30 minutes, flipping the tenderloin over halfway through baking. Bake until center of pork registers 150 - 160˚F then transfer to a cutting board and let meat rest 5-10min before slice into rings to serve. 1)
Put this together with mashed potatoes and beans. Bean - diced and fried red onion & 1 can each of Lima, pinto bean and 2 tins of tomatoes. soya sauce, chipotle and a little chilli.
( 4 people)
2 kg Ham (back leg of pig)
Soak in water 12 hours, replace water repeatedly (to get rid of excess salt).
Boil 1.5 hours with 6 black peppercorns, 2 whole carrot, whole onion, wine glass of cider vinegar 6 cloves, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
Put in roasting tin, peal off rind (leaving fat behind). Cut crosses into the fat 2cm apart, stick clove into each diamond.
Honey glaze - 2 level tablespoons of mustard powder, 1 tablespoon of Irish whiskey, 4 tablespoons of honey. Mix into a paste - pour over ham.
Preheat oven to 220C (gas mark 7), cook for 15-20 minutes, careful not to dry it out.
Uncured, raw ham… marinate
Peel the zest from the lemon with a vegetable peeler, avoiding the white pith. Put the zest, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, 1 Tbs. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper in a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste. Rub this mixture all over the ham. Cover the pan tightly with foil and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours 2) In oven @175°C for 5hours for 5kg ham - covered with tin foil. Last half hour uncovered with glaze
(For 12lb turkey, same as for chicken except for sausage meat)
4 Ozs of butter
3 tablespoons of dried parsley
1 tablespoons of mixed herbs
(1 teaspoon of dried Thyme, optional)
8 Ozs of breadcrumbs
1 lb of sausage meat
(2 tablespoons of sherry)
Melt butter in a saucepan, add onions cook gently until soft, but before they brown. Add herbs and breadcrumbs and stir in. Add salt and pepper and allow to cool. Put sausage meat in a bowl add the cooked mixture, beaten eggs and sherry and mix well until the stuffing becomes ?.
Goose - 2011
Cabbage - 2:00 - 3.00
Ham - started at 1:40 + 1.5 hours — 3:10
Goose 2:05 - 2:15 @ 240°C 2:15 - 3:45 @ 190°C (90mins – 21mins /kg) 30 mins to stand at the end.
After cooking - pour off fat, leave the stock and juice.
Add half a beef stock cube, heaped teaspoon of bisto (gravy powder to thicken - or cornflower).
Coriander Pork (Sri Lanka)
2 tsp brown mustard seeds
1/4 tsp whole peppercorns
3 tbsp whole coriander seeds
in a spice grinder.
1cm piece of ginger
3 medium cloves garlic
30g fresh coriander
1 fresh chillies
along with 5 tbsp of water until you have a smooth puree.
1 stick cinnamon
2 cardamom pods
1 tsp dried curry leaves, crushed
(5cm fresh or frozen pandanus leaf)
into a pan with hot vegetable oil, add
450g stewing pork, cut into pieces
after 5 seconds. When is meat is browned, add the spice mixture and after a minute add the mixture from the blender. After another minute, add
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
and simmer for 60-80 minutes, until the meat is tender, stirring only once or twice.
1 can coconut milk
and heat through.
The Book of Jaffrey's, 1, 70.
1 tbl spoon fresh Rosemary
1/2 tbl spoon fennel seeds
5 clove garlic
8 tbl spoon balsamic vinegar
4 bay leaves
2 tbl spoon Olive Oil
Cut slices into the pork and rub the salt and herbs into the meat. Marinate in all the ingredients.