Table of Contents
16 Nov 2020 - from Irish Times 1)
What you’ll need: Serves 2
- 1 tbsp ghee or sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste (or 3 cloves of garlic and 1 inch of fresh ginger very finely grated)
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 5 fresh vine tomatoes roughly chopped, or 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1½ tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground red chilli powder (or paprika for a milder version)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 500g chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 110ml of water
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
How to cook it:
- 1 Heat oil or ghee in a large non-stick pan, add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent. This will take around five minutes.
- 2 Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for another minute. Then add the green chilli if using and pop in the chopped tomatoes. Fry on medium heat until the water in the tomatoes dry out, or add the tinned tomatoes and fry for about six to eight minutes, then add the tomato purée and stir until well combined.
- 3 Add all the dry spice, mix well. Now add the chicken and make sure the masala is coating the chicken.
- 4 Add water and reduce the heat, and cook until the chicken is well cooked, about 10 minutes. If you like more gravy, feel free to add more water.
- 5 Serve garnished with fresh coriander, along with basmati rice or naan.
Sweet Chicken dob Curry
18 Aug 2015 - David O'Brien//
Fry Onion and Red Peppers in big creuset with a little oil, lid on
add Chicken and fry some more
add lime juice to juice from chicken
add crushed garlic, piece of ginger 2), 5 Cardamond pod, coriander powder, cumin
add pineapple and juice from pineapple can
add Aubergine, carrots
Bring to simmer and put in Chicken Stock powder (no additional water or salt
Cook until Carrots are done
Yellow Chicken Curry
in sesame oil, add
lemon juice and
a can of coconut milk. Bring to simmer and put in
both chopped up.
Add the spices:
Madras curry powder
freshly ground black pepper
fresh lemongrass, chopped in slices
Simmer on medium heat without the lid.When the potatoes are almost done, add broccoli, chopped up fresh coriander leaves\\. Enjoy your both hot and tangy feast and watch out for the lemongrass stems!
Lemon Dill Chicken
salt & pepper
Very quick but tasty
Chop chicken into bite size pieces, marinate in lemon juice, salt & pepper. Fry the chicken, with onions and garlic and dill. Can add some red peppers for some color.
With pasta - can add blue cheese (Saint Agur) & cream.
Curry Chicken – Malaysia
Serving for 2 persons Ingredients
- 300g Chicken Breast Filletv (2 big pieces)
- 4-5 numbers of medium Potatoes
- 1 big red onion / 6-8 red small shallots
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 8 – 10 dried curry leafs ( Brand: TRS : Dried Curry Leafs)
- 200g – 250g coconut milk
- Mild Curry powder ( Brand: TRS: Mild Madras Curry Powder)
- 3 Red chillis
- Sugar to taste
- Vegetable oil
(Preparation Time: 40mins & Cooking Time: 50mins)
Wash the chicken breast fillet. Cut them into medium cubes. Marinate with some mild curry powder and salt. Peel the potatoes and cut them into half and half again. To your liking, you can cut the potatoes into 4 cubes or 6 cubes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Peel the red onion and garlic and chop them into very fine (small). And leave aside. Cut the red chillis into half and use your knife and take the seeds out. Then chop the chillis into very fine (small) pieces. Heat the pan. Add in vegetable oil and pan fried / deep fried the potatoes till golden brown. Lay them on the kitchen towel. Heat the pot and add in vegetable oil (3-4 tablespoon) and add in the finely chopped chillis, garlic and red onions. Stir till you smell the fragrants arising. Then put in the marinated chicken pieces and the curry leafs. Stir for approximately 3 mins. Add a ¼ of coconut milk to stir and to prevent the chicken pieces to stick on the pot.. Add more curry powder into chicken and continue to stir. Add ¼ cup of water. Let it cook for 5 mins and add more coconut milk and maybe 2-3 tablespoon of sugar. And let it cook for another 5 mins. Add in the rest of the coconut milk (it depends how much curry gravy you desire) and the fried potatoes cubes. Let it simmer for another 5 mins. Add in salt to taste. The curry chicken is ready. It is best to serve the curry chicken with steamed rice.
* If you prefer the curry chicken to be more spicy, do not put in the sugar.
Coconut Chicken (Kenya)
2 chicken filets, sliced
1 tablespoon ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Put the ingredients for the marinade in a blender, rub into the chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour (or 1/2 in the freezer).
Then make the sauce. Put
1 big onion
2 bird's eyes chillis, chopped
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
into a blender, then heat
3 tablespoons corn oil
and fry the sauce, stirring more and more frequently until lightly fried and no longer watery.
Add the chicken with the marinade, stir, then cover loosely and cook for ca. 15 min.
1 can coconut milk, well shaken
50 ml water
and simmer gently for ca. 15 min.
Turn off the heat and add
4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Coriander Chicken Curry (Kenya)
4 chicken filets or legs, separated into drumsticks and thighs
small piece of ginger
5 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried or a bowl full of fresh coriander
1/4 teaspoon chili powder or dried chilis
2-3 teaspoons tomato puree
vegetables for example:
3 green peppers
2 red peppers
1 red onion
Blend the ginger, garlic and lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of water. Pour it over the chopped chicken and rub it in. Cover with cling film and marinate at least 30 min (if you don't have much time, put it in the freezer).
Don't clean the blender jug and just put in tomato, ground coriander, chili powder, tomato puree, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
Cover the bottom of the pan with oil and fry the green peppers and onion on low heat for a while. Add salt and fresh pepper. Then add the chicken with the marinade and fry on high heat without covering the pan. When the chicken looks done, add the red pepper, broccoli and red onion. Add salt and pepper to taste and a little sweet chili sauce, if you like. Add the tomato mixture from the blender, mix and keep on frying on high heat until the sauce becomes thick, separates and sticks to the chicken. Now it's time for the fresh coriander. Enjoy!
Serve with joghurt on the side, sushi rice and naan bread.
If you are still enthusiastic and want something spicy on the side, prepare a quick tomato chutney!